The 96 Point rating makes Queens Courage the highest rated new gin in the world, and places it in the “Extraordinary, Ultimate Recommendation” category, the Challenge’s highest possible category. The Ultimate Spirits Challenge judges provided the following Tasting Notes for Queens Courage:
Beautifully fragrant with waves of toasted grains mingling with honey, dry seed spices, citrus zest, and dried fruit with hints of Christmas tree. Perfectly balanced with the viscosity and touch of sweetness that you desire in an Old Tom style.
Queens Courage received a Gold Medal from the 2015 SIP Awards, the premier People’s Choice-style international spirit competition.
See what spirit writers and enthusiasts say about Queens Courage:
“Queens Courage has a sublime, slightly citrusy aroma. Hints of juniper and coriander complement bolder notes of grapefruits, lemons and citrus. The finish is sweet yet soft, with an oily, silky texture.”
“It’s sweet enough to replace bourbon or rum, but still dry enough to play off lime wedges and a splash of tonic.”
“A slightly different direction for an Old Tom Gin, a welcome and exciting addition to the category.”
~ David T. Smith, Author of “The Craft of Gin”
“A welcome addition to the world of Old Toms, being subtle while retaining a delicate complexity.”
~ Tempered Spirits
- NY1: Astoria Man Brings Spirits to Queens
- Times Ledger: Award winning gin to be produced in first Queens distillery since Prohibition
- NY Fox News 5: Five Questions for Astoria Distilling
- Astoria Post: Astoria Distilling Company sells first batch of gin at local liquor store
- Brooklyn Grange: Cheers to Sustainable Spirits!
- Brownstoner Queens: Astoria Distilling Company Plans to Debut “Queens Courage” Gin This Summer
- DNAInfo: The Spirit of Queens Inspires Astoria Distilling Company
- DNAInfo: Astoria Distilling Company’s ‘Queens Courage’ Gin Hits Local Shelves
- Give Me Astoria: Drink in the name of Queens!
- New York Daily News: Spirits to be lifted at Astoria Tour de Bar as Astoria Distilling Company sets to unveil ‘Queens Courage’ gin
- Thirsty NY: Astoria Distilling Company To Launch “Queens Courage” Gin
- Times Ledger: Craft distillery in the works for borough
- The Village Voice: In Queens, a Homegrown Spirit
- We Heart Astoria: New Distiller Based in Astoria is Making Queens Courage Gin
- We Heart Astoria: Taste Queens Courage Gin at Astoria Park Wine & Spirits July 3
- Tempered Spirits: Encouraging the Spirit of Queens